|This post may contain some affiliate links. If you buy through any of our links, we may receive some commission, but at no extra cost to you.We hope you love the products we recommend!|
Have you been searching for a sturdy, reliable 8-person tent to camp with your family or friends? If yes, then this Tomount tent might fulfill that need. We believe this is one best 8 person tents on the market, and you’ll find out why we think so in this Tomount 8 person tent review.
We will tell you all that you need to know about the tent along with its pros and cons.
Please Note: The brand of this product is now Hikergaden, but it is still the exact same product with the same old features and quality. So, you will see us use the names interchangeably all through the article.
Overview of the HIKERGARDEN Tent-8-Person-Camping-Tents
The dimension of the tent’s floor is 14 by 9 feet which means you can have up to three queen air mattresses or eight sleeping bags in the tent. It also comes with a height of 72 inches, so you can fully stand in the tent is you are 6 feet or below.
Who is it for?
The Tomount HIKERGARDEN 8 person camping tent is designed for a group of eight adults sleeping in sleeping bags. But, this may not leave you with enough room to fix other essential gear. And if you will be using airbeds, you have to reconsider this number. We believed this tent would be more comfortable for a group of 6 people.
Key Features of The (HIKERGARDEN) Tomount 8 Person Camping Tent
- Easy setup: With a few steps, you can set up this tent in just ten minutes. The pole sleeves are continuous, easily connected, and they are snag-free. You don’t need to be skillful or muscular to put up the tent.
- Roomy: This tent has enough room for eight people. You can store eight sleeping bags or three Queen-sized air mattresses comfortably. You can now bond better and play games during camping trips as you all sleep in one place instead of having separate tents.
- Room Divider: The product comes with a curtain that allows you to partition the tent into separate rooms. So, you can get more privacy when camping in different groups or children.
- 2-Way Zip: The 2-way zip makes it easy to get in and out of the tent. The zippers are durable and hardly get stuck.
- Portability: When you think of an eight-person tent, something humongous might come to mind. But you need not worry because this tent is lightweight and easy to carry. It also comes with a handy carry bag.
- Gear Pocket: The gear pocket allows you to store items and save space.
- Waterproof design: This tent has an excellent waterproof rating, so you and your belongings will be safe in the case of rain. It has a waterproof index of over 4000mm, which is one of the best on the market.
- Windproof design: The tent poles are designed to make them stronger and wind responsive. The frame is also reliable. So, the tent remains stable even in high winds.
- Excellent ventilation design: This tent comes with a mesh top, a mesh door and, five mesh windows that allow air to flow in and out. The unique ventilation design ensures that the tent won’t feel stuffy, even when about eight of you are inside. So, fresh air in, bugs out.
- Warranty: The tent comes with a one-year warranty. Although I don’t think you will need the warranty as this unit is well-constructed and it should last for far longer than that.
- Room divider for privacy.
- Easy to setup
- Lightweight and portable
- It is a waterproof and windproof tent
- Offers good ventilation
- Reasonably priced.
- The tent flaps get stuck in the zipper of the tent sometimes
The Tomount 8 person camping tent is one of the best among all the offerings from various manufacturers.
Tent Type: Family Dome-Style.
Season: All Season.
Capacity: 8 persons.
Floor (Base) area: 14 x 9 feet.
Height: 6 feet.
Weight: 18.1 lb
Dimensions 168 x 108 x 72 inches.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dimensions of the tent?
The tent has a size of 14 by 9 by 72 inches. When erect, it has a great height, so you can stand up fully in it even if you are six-foot-plus tall.
What is included in the tent package when I buy it?
You get the tent, a carry bag, a curtain, the poles, and the instruction manual.
Where can I buy the Tomount 8 person tent?
You can buy it online from Amazon and other vendors.
Do I get a product warranty if I buy this tent?
Yes. The tent comes with a one-year warranty.
How do I set up this tent? Any special guidelines?
It’s very easy to setup. The poles are color-coded and listed by part number to show you their positions. However, you may need to follow the instruction manual. You will be able to erect it entirely in about ten minutes after a little bit of practice.
But, if you are setting up the tent for the first time, it might take you a bit longer than ten minutes because you aren’t used to setting it up yet.
Is the tent easy to pack?
Yes, it is. It is far easier to pack than to setup. In just a few minutes, you should be able to pack and stuff it back into the carry case.
Does the tent have an allowance for electrical connections?
Yes, it does. There is an outlet through which you can run an electrical extension cable for your gadgets and other electrics.
How long will it take to deliver this tent to me?
This majorly depends on your location. But delivery could take as little as two days.
I hope you enjoyed reading this Tomount 8 person tent review. If you are embarking on group camping trips, then this tent is a reliable product that offers you all that you need to enjoy your stay in the outdoors. Do you think that this is the best 8 person tent? Check out this link to purchase the Tomount 8 person tent now.