|This post may contain some affiliate links. If you buy through any of our links, we may receive some commission, but at no extra cost to you.We hope you love the products we recommend!|
Do you love spending time with your pets outdoors? If you do, then camping with pets is one thing you definitely will treasure. Your pets, friends, and family are some of the reasons why you are enjoying every camping trip you have experienced. As a dog owner, you definitely will want to have your dog around you while camping. This makes your preparation a little bit different from that of others. You probably may start to wonder, what is the best tent for camping with a dog? This question will be carefully addressed in this review.
- Criteria for Selecting Best Pet-Friendly Tents
- 6 Best Tents for Dog Owners in 2021
- How About Getting Dog Tent?
- Other Gears Needed When Camping With A Dog
- FAQs – Tents for Camping with Dog
Criteria for Selecting Best Pet-Friendly Tents
Here are some essential criteria that will help you get the right pet-friendly tent for your next camping event;
- Construction material: when searching for pet-friendly tents, you must look for ones that are made with rugged materials. Your pet claws are so strong that they can easily destroy flimsy tents. Hence, you must select those that are made from thick fabrics and has thick floors only. This will make your tent good enough to take you through the entire camping period.
- Vestibules: vestibules are the auxiliary rooms that are attached to your camping tent. They will be useful for managing and providing accommodation for your pet throughout the course of the camping trip. They provide your dog with a safe and comfortable spot for resting.
- Size: when you are going camping with family alone, you may select a medium-size camping tent, but when your pet is present, ensure you pick a large and big tent.
- Extra functions: one such is the door model, it is best to go for tents with two doors, this will make entering and exiting the tent easier. Some tents also have compartments that are designed to help you feel more relaxed without disturbance.
- Easy to clean: Your dog will undoubtedly cause more mess for your tent. Apart from that, the smell is another thing to consider. So, you will want a tent that is easier to clean.
6 Best Tents for Dog Owners in 2021
1. Wenzel Kodiak 9 Person Tent
The interior of this tent is spacious due to the straight sidewalls. Since the weather might be harsh when camping, you and your pets are protected with the help of a full-coverage fly and welded polyethylene floor.
The tent also features a mesh Dutch D-style door and two bay windows. The roof of the tent is also screened to enhance visibility and cross breeze. It has a sleeping capacity of 9 persons, and a ceiling height of 7.17 ft.
2. TOMOUNT 8-Person Tent
The tent also features sturdy and smooth zippers, which makes coming in and going out of the tent easier. This tent is carefully and professionally made to be waterproof and windproof with redesigned frames that make it more stable.
The tent features one door, five windows, and the top which are made from visible mesh. This helps improves ventilation, and it also reduces the weight of the tent.
3. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
The tent is very comfortable as it has features like being water repellent, an advanced ventilation system, which makes it easier to adjust the airflow level, and also draw in cool air through the ground. This tent has a two-entryway, it has three rooms option of which your family can take the two large ones and keep your pet in one. It features the T-style and the D-style doors.
4. E-Z UP Camping Cube 5.4
This E-Z UP’s tent is one of the few tents made with the dog owner in mind. This tent features a pet door and room for your dog. In addition to the pet door, it features a large door with sturdy zippers for your easy entry and exit.
It is quick and easy to set up; you will literally need no tools. Also, this camping tent is roomy enough to sleep 4-5 people conveniently, and if you are 6 feet tall, you will be able to stand in the tent fully.
You won’t be having ventilation problems with this tent because it features enough windows and a vented roof to promote proper airflow. Yet, the mesh windows protect you from bugs, and the tent is waterproof.
And finally, it’s just about 14 pounds heavy. It is also easy to take down, and you will get a free carry bag to pack it in. But please note that you have to buy the frame separately. This is my best tent for camping with dog.
If you want an upgraded version of this, you should check out the E-Z UP Camping Cube 6.4.
5. TENAYA Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
It is big enough to accommodate 6 to 8 people, including your pet. It has room divider for privacy sake, and to keep your pet separately. The WeatherTec system and rainfly help keep the interior of this tent dry and comfortable at all times.
The tent stands at 13*9 ft. And it can easily accommodate two queen-sized airbeds.
6. COLEMAN Elite Montana 8-Person Tent
It has a dimension of 16 ft by 7 ft and can accommodate three queen airbeds of 6 ft, 2 inches. Good enough, you can stand up and move even when you are inside this tent. This tent can be set up within 15 minutes or less.
The tent has an LED light with three different brightness level setting, which includes high, low, and nightlight. So, you won’t be in the dark all night. For easy entry and exit, this tent features hinged doors.
Finding a pet-friendly tent before embarking on a camping trip with your pet is important. The reviewed tents above are all large enough to accommodate you, your family, and your pet without inconveniencing each other. The CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent is one of the best you can buy as it has more than two rooms where you can stay. Other tents are also perfect and give you the privacy you desire. Good enough, they are made from high-quality materials. The TENAYA Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent is the cheapest of all the reviewed tents, and it can accommodate six persons, including your pet. You can be sure of a safe and wonderful experience with the best tent for camping with dogs discussed above.
How About Getting Dog Tent?
Seriously, if you already have a spacious family camping tent, then you can skip buying a new tent all because of your pet. There are actual tents made for dogs. You can purchase such a tent and place it somewhere in your camping tent. Although this becomes an extra load, it can save you a few extra bucks and also provide a bit of comfort.
- Dog cot shelter made of waterproof, heavy-denier fabric
- Raised dog bed shelter helps protect pets while mesh center, two windows, and open entrance creates cooling air circulation
- Private, durable & tested for strength, holds up to 200 pounds
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The dog playpen features a tent housing design that promotes security and provides an enclosed space for small pets to play or...
- PERFECT FOR TRAVEL: The playpen is an easy-open, pop-up tent that can be assembled - and put away - within minutes; its flexible construction makes it...
- OPEN WITH CARE: The playpen's foldable pop-up design makes it highly portable and ideal for outdoors, but please exercise caution and care when...
Other Gears Needed When Camping With A Dog
FAQs – Tents for Camping with Dog
Can dogs sleep in tents?
Yes, with proper training and several practices, a dog can sleep in a tent. So, you need first to ensure that you have been subjecting the dog to a series of training with the tent before hitting the road.
Do dogs like tents?
If you provide your dog with all the essentials that will make his stay comfortable in the tent, there is no reason for him not to enjoy staying in a tent.
How do I secure my dog when camping?
You can secure your dog by investing in a dog leash and a tracking device. The leash will ensure the dog’s movement is well restricted, and the tracking device will make sure you can find it easily when lost.
How do you keep a dog warm in a tent?
Apart from investing in a tent heater to keep the whole tent warm, you can also get your Fido a unique sleeping bag designed for dogs.